I would like to learn...

Open World Suvival

A very graphical based (look at a lot of the camera tricks and effects (could tie in with the blender course)) photorealistic open world survival game. Use of procedural generation and some more complicated ideas. (The following are not meant to be complicated, just ideas, before some violent nerd attacks me) Research trees. Saving progress. AI. Good terrain gen. Use of other free tools. e.g. Terragen to create terrain. Lots of building blocks to make a huge beautiful survival game.

28 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sebastian KeySebastian Key shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnthonyAnthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's a previous suggestion on using Blender to create environments. Some people have elaborated that they want low-poly game environments or photo-realistic game envioronments or environment-related art for its own sake. I think the low-poly environment was a seperate suggestion. There was also a suggestion that might interest you on using blender to create weather effects. Finally, there's one other suggestion here somewhere that talks about creating an open world with lots of environmental features.

There's also another suggestion that focuses purely on procedural generation.

• Elliander EldridgeElliander Eldridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the tools to develop in an open world would be very helpful, especially if it was added to the VR course.

I think it could work just as well in Unity or Unreal Engine, but Unity has the advantage of a better assets store and no royalties.

• Christian SchwarzChristian Schwarz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really ppreciated.

@Anonymous Why the unreal-engine?! Have a look at "Rust". A really nice openworld-unity-product. Even available on linux.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OOOO I like the idea, tho this might be better for unreal engine since they really shine at big open world stuff :)

• BryantBryant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this idea. The open world survival/crafting games can explore a lot of advanced concepts, including modding so students could develop content we can all add to our game. Think of Game Ark: Survival Evolved.

Feedback and Knowledge Base