I would like to learn...

ARM Guide for Unity Developers: Optimising Mobile Gaming Graphics

If you're interested in developing mobile games, ARM's guide is amazing...

http://malideveloper.arm.com/documentation/developer-guides/arm-guide-unity-enhancing-mobile-games/

The challenge is it's a wall of text, vote for this idea if you would like to see an OFFICIAL video course version of this guide, with ARM's blessing and support.

50 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ben TristemAdminBen Tristem (Tutor, GameDev.TV) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JorgeJorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, this also should be included in blender course, modeling human or animal mesh, and some other kind of assets (house, vehicles, ships, so on)

• Alexander WestbrooksAlexander Westbrooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe I mistakenly flagged a post as inappropriate. My apologies!

Having great performance optimization for mobile and other games is splendid. Totally up for this!

• CamCam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having had a quick glance through that guide I saw several things I've been wanting to learn about just for the sake of all-round good practice so I think it's a great idea that could benefit anyone looking to get serious.

Count me in!

• Alex BrownAlex Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wouldn't be a terrible idea, some of the techniques for optimising can be translated across to making PC games too, so you could kill 2 birds with one stone :)

• Ninja Chimp StudiosNinja Chimp Studios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The black art of performance tuning to achieve 60FPS on a handset is the main reason I'm struggling with mobile dev right now. I'm so down for this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base