I would like to learn...

The Complete Unity Developer 2017

We'd love to update the Unity course completely, same projects but in the latest version of Unity and with 1000s of small improvements.

This would start in Unity 5.4 or higher, and we would upgrade during the production of the course (e.g. if Unity 6 ships)

The only way we can afford to do this is create a different course, and offer it as an upgrade.

Would be $10 to upgrade for existing Complete Unity Developer students.

393 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ben TristemAdminBen Tristem (Tutor, GameDev.TV) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

108 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brandon Eli James KillpackBrandon Eli James Killpack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see an upgrade! It would be nice to see something similar to a minecraft clone in the course I'd be willing to pay more than $10 for that.

• Richard JolitzRichard Jolitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an additional suggestion I would love to see something added to this on generating tile maps, how to interact with them similar to Civ 5 and Rimworld. These are important for various strategy based games and I think would be a great addition.

• CamCam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd be happy to do this again for $10, especially if it polished some of the latter sections that felt rushed.

I'd be even happier to see another unity course with slightly different games that teaches a few new things but also heavily reinforces what was learnt ibn the first.

In v2 I'd also like to see some use of best programming practices like Serialize Field, Events etc just to get us into good habits.

Do you have any idea on the timeline for a v2?

• SnoopieSnoopie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't do the same games. Expand the v2 to stuff like top down rpgs and side scrollers etc. I don't see the point in remaking the entire course. The first course was already good enough as it is. What I want is a intermediate level unity course that goes over different games and code systems (like inventory, character customization, multiplayer and networking.)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ok Mr. Ben maybe new course for game development ,i dont look about money i look to fun and learn and tranform the science ,thanks

• Dave BairdDave Baird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see the same lessons, but with new game primers. E.g. I'd like to see Zombie Runner as more of a first level Wolf 3D or Doom game instead of sandbox, or Laser Defender as a side-scroller game.

• David GouldDavid Gould commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggest a name for the course suggesting the unity version. If 6 ships then make another to suit that version

• finnianfinnian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please do this soon since i haven't completed block breaker yet and i want to do lazer defender with sam instead of brice.

• Dondi FuscoDondi Fusco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, perhaps a finer polish at the end of Zombie Runner too; i.e., more-defined challenge slides and/or something between the "hand-holding" and "kicking the bird from the nest" sort of thing. It feels like an abrupt ending to this section. Just a smoother transition would be helpful to guide us and give a more concrete direction. I know the intent was to let us fill-in the gaps based on the previous content, but, admittedly, I am coming back to this course after taking almost a year off, and I'm just getting back into the groove (yes, my own personal challenge), but I think this section could use a bit of something at the end.

Feedback and Knowledge Base