I would like to learn...

RPG Game like Sacred or Diablo in Unity

Community Discussion: https://community.gamedev.tv/t/rpg-game-like-sacred-or-diablo-in-unity/148

RPG Game like Sacred or Diablo in Unreal

Classic old fashioned game as Sacred or Diablo.
1) AI monster
2) Day-Night cycle
3) Questing system
4) Inventory System
5) Crafting System
6) Profession System
7) Different Heroes (Mage, Warrior ...)

838 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ben TristemAdminBen Tristem (Tutor, GameDev.TV) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

169 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ben PearsonBen Pearson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if this also included Game Design principals as a whole. This would be an excellent sub-lecture in Game Design.

• Petr KolínekPetr Kolínek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't feel like this has something to do with my original sugesstion, which was asking a question about developing in a small group of people. Like, do someone have to do scenes, and other person script, or is there any way how could two or more people work on one scene? How to split tasks and plan your workflow properly.

TL;DR.
        How to start developing game as a team using Unity.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Implement everything you need to publish your game as a small studio.

Add Social Network sharing, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Message, Email, Etc. Leaderboards, Game Center and Google Play APIs to make it possible to retrieve lost game data.

Add Advertisement systems, IAPs, Redeem Codes and all necessary things for monetization of the game.

Learn to publish the game on all platforms:
        - Steam
        - App Store
        - Play Store
        - Amazon Store
        - Windows Store
        - Blackberry Store
        - Others

This would perhaps fit an entire course, but would be great to have. I find myself with a game ready, but spending lots of time to implement all those systems. I also discovered it may be a hassle to publish your game on the App marketplaces, so this would be of great help.

Perhaps even an introduction on how to publish on flash websites like Newgrounds.com, and how to prepare your game to publish on XBOX and Playstation.

We would also consider including: Stream Greenlight, how to deploy patches and updates, how to enable DLC and expansion packs.

• Liam 'L' WilsonLiam 'L' Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the sound of this. I'm interested to hear whether this would be a basic introduction to source control section on a single master branch or also introduce a commonly used Git branching model too, that I suspect is used by larger production teams.

For example, would this introduce the concepts of different branch types (master, develop, features, releases), opening Pull Requests, etc. We had something like this set-up for my work in web development:

- Create feature branch from master
        - Work exclusively on feature branch
        - Raise pull requests on develop branch and on review merge into develop
        - Create release branch from master
        - Merge approved features into release branch
        - Once release branch is working as expected (and released in terms of an actual application), merge release into master
        - Tag master with release number
        - Merge master into develop

Appreciate this could really be beyond the scope of the current set-up but it could at a push lead into an idea for an open-source game built by the course community, where students are given / vote for a game idea to build, are taught how to open Pull Requests on develop and those Pull Requests get reviewed by Admins of your choosing.

• Dylan VelezDylan Velez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Develop at least one or more ingame customization systems like level editors, character editor and props editor (vehicle editor, weapon editor)

• JoseJose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give the opportunity to the player to build houses and items. (Example Ark: Survival Evolve)

1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base