I would like to learn...

RPG Game like Sacred or Diablo in Unity

Community Discussion: https://community.gamedev.tv/t/rpg-game-like-sacred-or-diablo-in-unity/148

RPG Game like Sacred or Diablo in Unreal

Classic old fashioned game as Sacred or Diablo.
1) AI monster
2) Day-Night cycle
3) Questing system
4) Inventory System
5) Crafting System
6) Profession System
7) Different Heroes (Mage, Warrior ...)

838 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ben TristemAdminBen Tristem (Tutor, GameDev.TV) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

169 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • FernandoOFernandoO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The unity course was interesting, but could really use something like this.

it would add a lot of value to the course.

• Richard JolitzRichard Jolitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this covered as save game / load game in the Unity class for our games. Various different methods covered.

• GaryGary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But that would require for the user to sign into a google account? It seems more like it would be best suited for mobile games.

• Kevin LiuKevin Liu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe there would be enough audience for both Unreal and Unity. I hope it won't be a one engine project.

• Alex BrownAlex Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely! I love diablo style games, in fact I was playing diablo 2 only a few moments ago xD
        Would love to know how to make one of these!

• JOEY LOFORTIJOEY LOFORTI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to use unity C# with Maya and any other software required to make my own games all by myself or to be qualified to work with a team making games and to be able to help with any part of game creation. My super future goal is to be the director of a massive sci/fantasy MMORPG game. I like a video tutorial that's all project based.
        I want a course where I make every asset with Maya illustrator photoshop, mudbox. Just using assets provided for you makes you a good Unity programmer but that is only one small part of game design. I need to know how to make live fluid filled characters build cities planets and make a game where you can do those things in a game. I'm not trying to be mean but a bowling game as the 4th or 5th project really turns me off. Of course I'll do the course away and I'm sure I will learn plenty. I need to animate assets I need to do a project making a serious game the kind I can play for at least two months addictively. I built Frogs and Logs on TeamTreehouse.com. Starting with number guessing game assumes beginners cannot dive right in to something gratifying. I want to build an RPG from the ground up. I want skill trees character classes choices and I'm still pretty computer illiterate and I programmed the Frog's and logs game and it's the first and only game I ever programmed so with step by step video tutorials a beginner can dive right in to something more immediately rewarding and more advanced. If you decided to go with that idea you could next have a second class making your very very own game using The first course material and showing different ways to tweak it. Also making a web game should be covered in the course too. Student could discuss the subjects and help each other inside the MMORPG they are creating in Unity3D. Someday I plan to make a game that's almost a complete OS with it's own 3D sculpting software and animation software built. different levels of complexity so a 5 year old might customize his outfit in the game while when he's ten he'll be creating his own armor weapons spells animations combos all with advanced software similar to Maya or Blender built into the game. The game would be sci/fantasy(SIC) so learning to code and network and make digital art would be a major part of the game. And I know The game would be fun enough that kid's and adult's would spend hours happily learning to program and animate their own custom combos. Create a special character class of their own get paid by the company if they wish to sell their advancements to me. space craft hacking satellites to control a city on an asteroid. Virtual reality holograms projected throughout a person game room and a suit like they used in Lord of the Rings to animate study the actors movements and translated it into the character Gollum in the movie. A player in virtual reality becoming a character in a game with a nano machine implanted brain using real networking skills and code and other simpler methods like a device design by a more advanced player and given to you as a gift whatever everything. building a house in the game or next a farm and a town trying to talk things out with other AI and real human players to protect your farm so you can feed your starving children and wife or wives. Deciding to just kill them instead more sane than the typical where you go through labyrinth after labyrinth killing everything and never having the option to get to know each creature spirit AI or human player character. So I have way more cool ideas than that you work at home playing the game making a better firewall for your custom built or Terraformed planet the game could become part of the fabric of the economy communication education. Let's face it people who are computer illiterate have less options and are very vulnerable to bad people who can hack, network whatever. If everybody isn't computer educated then they are at the not mercy of tyrants. Teachers could spend a whole just using the game and their students would have fun and better socializing and creativity and learning more than most kids ever learn throughout Kindergarten to Senoir year high school.

• BryantBryant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ben, I am certainly ok merging them, that one felt more like marketing. But I would like to see updating/modding support. Along with the other points. And when I say modding, I don't mean for the customers, although many would like that too, I mean developing your game or app in such a way that it can be expanded or updated by only replacing the required assemblies and not a complete reinstall

I don't know if you are going to do this or not in a course or section, but learning about saving and loading progress would great. It would save things such as:

-Level
        -Health / Mana
        -Attributes
        -Inventory
        -Your character's location in the game.
        -Things that aren't attached to your character such as the location and current growth rate of crops.

I wish you could do both unreal and unity so both sides are satisfied and happy.

• BryantBryant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A course focused on the management of a completed game or application. We probably all have dreams of bigger games, and when you play games like Kerbal Space Program you can add mods, which would allow an indie to incrementally grow their ideas

1. Deployment to app stores
        2. Updating applications with new versions; not just reinstall but smaller installs of the changed code if possible
        3. Dynamic content loaded on the fly not via the App Store
        4. Analytics for debug and crash reporting
        5. Test deployments with apps like Apple TestFlight
        6. Mod/Addon support

Feedback and Knowledge Base