I would like to learn...

RPG Game like Sacred or Diablo in Unity

Community Discussion: https://community.gamedev.tv/t/rpg-game-like-sacred-or-diablo-in-unity/148

RPG Game like Sacred or Diablo in Unreal

Classic old fashioned game as Sacred or Diablo.
1) AI monster
2) Day-Night cycle
3) Questing system
4) Inventory System
5) Crafting System
6) Profession System
7) Different Heroes (Mage, Warrior ...)

838 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ben TristemAdminBen Tristem (Tutor, GameDev.TV) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

169 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CodyCody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think clash of clans deviates from the RPG theme. I would like to see something like Stardew Valley or a top down Zelda sort of game.

• Ben TristemAdminBen Tristem (Tutor, GameDev.TV) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for this idea Ben. We're considering an "open RPG" concept, where we make an RPG in Unity and allow anyone to use and contribute to the code base. The course would be the manual for the code-base.

• Ben PearsonBen Pearson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've recently started working on a game that is open sourced, and it comes with it's own challenges. How do you effectively write a game open sourced? Even better would be if there was a game associated with this course to gain experience in building such a project.

The idea of how to make a game as a team could be a very interesting topic, and is very different than this, I will agree.

If this is going to include stores, it should also include stuff like Unity Asset store, PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, etc. Those ones take some work, so it'd be more valuable.

• Matthew WelkeMatthew Welke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Ben,

I vote for Path of Exile for the game to model. :) But I also have a question if you don't mind clarifying... The status for this idea is set to "refining", but you asked 4 days ago which game we'd like you to model for the course. Does this mean the course is close to being published or that you're still early in the process?

• Mo'tasemMo'tasem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sacred gold looks pretty neat
        i think it would be a good model :) (not that i played it, but just an opinion)

• Felipe CoradesqueFelipe Coradesque commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Logan Lux just got the idea, I'm a teacher so I don't know how to describe using the proper technical terms, but as he said I just would like to learn the "correct way from an architectural standpoint" and also learn about the "major design patterns coders use today".

• Felipe CoradesqueFelipe Coradesque commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pathfinding and AI seems to be a very important skill for game dev. Would be great grind some skills in this area. It's seems good to have this knowledge covered by a Unity Certification Course, but I'd prefer also get a specific course for that

• CamCam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps even Don't Starve could serve as some inspiration.

Feedback and Knowledge Base