I would like to learn...

Learn to Code in C# by Making Virtual Reality Games in Unity

LIVE ON UDEMY: https://www.udemy.com/vrcourse

Learn to code in .NET's C# from scratch. Make VR games in Unity. Google Cardboard, Oculus Rift, Gear VR and more.

54 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ben TristemAdminBen Tristem (Tutor, GameDev.TV) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    WIP (Max 3)  ·  Sam PattuzziAdminSam Pattuzzi (Admin, GameDev.TV) responded  · 

We are now updating the course to both improve the basics, “Go Home” and redo the Google Cardboard section with the new Daydream SDK.

Stay tuned!

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ShawnShawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When are you going to update this course with support for motion controllers? All 3 major VR systems, Vive, Oculus and PlayStation VR support this now.
        I'd really like to see Vive support added specifically.

• Run Tej RunRun Tej Run commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Daydream is Google's new mobile VR development scheme comprising of a new SDK for Unity (And Unreal), establishing a VR compliancy protocol for VR software and future Daydream compliant smartphones.

Here is Google's announcement and overall summary on it.

https://youtu.be/S8exfLwoHKA?t=6088

I for one, want to get on board this, not just as an excited consumer to enjoy superior VR on a mobile platform but as a developer too and the logical place to learn this will be on Ben and Sam's existing Unity VR course.

• Joe DelektoJoe Delekto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Creating games for currently shipping Virtual Reality headsets like HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift. Creating new game mechanics and mobility with the provided controllers. Creating an immersive experience.

• Katz2001Katz2001 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe it could be In game UI with VR, because we could also use that for HTC Vive

• Sam PattuzziAdminSam Pattuzzi (Admin, GameDev.TV) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The oculus doesn't place a reticle in the scene as the Google cardboard does. It also doesn't handle input events on UI buttons by default.

This requires more work to setup and students would like to see how it's done.

Feedback and Knowledge Base